Enter South Shields Museum and Art Gallery’s Summer Raffle and have an exclusive opportunity to win an original oil painting by artist and former miner Bob Olley. By entering this raffle you are helping to raise funds for Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums Development Trust to support South Shields Museum and Art Gallery’s exhibition programme.
The prize, Olley’s painting The Hewer (001) has never been on display before and was inspired by his mining career at Whitburn Colliery.
Tickets cost £2.50 each and can be bought online or in person at South Shields Museum and Art Gallery shop from Monday Wednesday 18 July 2018. You will receive your ticket number(s) in 2-3 working days.
The raffle winner will be drawn by Bob Olley at South Shields Museum & Art Gallery on Monday 10 September 2018 at 1pm.
Full terms and conditions can be seen below.
Online entrants will receive a confirmation email containing your raffle ticket number(s) Please keep this safe so you are able to check if you have won the painting when we draw the raffle in September.
The TWAMDT are licensed to conduct this raffle by South Tyneside Council LN/000007490.
Raffle terms and conditions
Thank you for supporting the Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums Development Trust (TWAMDT) registered charity number 1137867. The TWAMDT are licensed to conduct this raffle by South Tyneside Council LN/000007490.
These terms and conditions refer to in person and online entries to our UK raffle.
All raffle tickets will:
- identify the TWAMDT
- state the name and address of the responsible person
- state the date of the draw
- state the price of the ticket
- state that the raffle is supporting the exhibition programme at South Shields Museum and Art Gallery.
- state the fact that TWAMDT is licensed by the Gambling Commission
- Purchase of a raffle ticket proves that the participant has read and agreed to the below terms and conditions.
- The cost of each ticket entry into the raffle is £2.50. You may purchase more than one ticket but the maximum number of tickets is one hundred (£250). Payment to enter the raffle must be made in advance of the draw date. Any payment received after the draw date will be treated as a donation. No tickets can be sold to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 16 years.
- The TWAMDT Raffle is open to all UK mainland residents (This excludes Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and BFPOs) over the age of 16, except employees of TWAM, TWAM Enterprises, members of the TWAM Audit Committee and Strategic Board, the trustees of TWAMDT and their households.
- Monies raised by this raffle will support the exhibition programme at South Shields Museum and Art Gallery through the TWAMDT, registered charity number 1137867.
- Participation in this raffle can be made in person at South Shields Museum and Art Gallery Shop and any other venue deemed appropriate, from members of the TWAMDT Trustee board and through the TWAM Enterprises website with payment by credit or debit card. Entrants will be notified by email of their ticket numbers. Some credit card providers may charge a cash advance fee for raffle ticket payments. Please check with your provider before paying for raffle tickets using this method. Raffle tickets can NOT be purchased through CAF or using Charity Vouchers.
- Raffle tickets will be entered into the draw only when the whole payment is received.
- TWAMDT accepts no responsibility for raffle tickets which are lost, damaged, illegible or from which the prize-winner cannot be identified, or for any technical failure or event which may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted.
- Any ticket entries received after the closing date may miss entry into the draw and therefore will be considered as a donation to the TWAMDT.
- The winning raffle ticket will be drawn randomly.
- The result of the raffle draw is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- It is the Raffle ticket holders responsibility to prove their win. Please keep the ticket/confirmation email as proof of purchase.
- Where TWAMDT is unable to contact the prize-winner so that the prize remains unclaimed for six months following TWAMDT's first attempt to notify the prize-winner, TWAMDT may apply the prize as it sees fit, including re-offering the prize in future raffles.
- All winners are required to co-operate with TWAMDT's right to publish their win and their details as and where deemed appropriate, and to provide proof of age when requested.
- In the event of an error, howsoever caused, whether a printing error or otherwise and whether obvious or otherwise, which affects the competition in any way, the organisers reserve the right to administer the raffle as though the error had not occurred. Where the organisers deem it appropriate and/or feasible TWAMDT will notify entrants of the error.
- Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in the disqualification of the entry. TWAMDT reserves the right to disqualify any entry at their absolute discretion
- To purchase raffle tickets online entrants must be residents of Great Britain and 16 years of age or over. This means that online entries will not be accepted from Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and BFPOs.
- If a ticket is sold unknowingly to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 16 he/she will be exempt from the raffle and will forfeit his/her prize and the stake will be returned.
- The Promoter’s decision in all matters relating to the raffle is final.
Person responsible: Geoff Woodward, c/o South Shields Museum and Art Gallery, Ocean Road, South Shields, NE33 2JA, email@example.com 07970921523.
Licensed by South Tyneside Council Small Society Lottery Registration LN/000007490. No one under 16 years of age may buy or sell lottery tickets. Any person under 16 automatically forfeits the right to any prize. TWAMDT charity number 1137867.
If you would like more information about raffles and lotteries please go to gamblingcommission.org.uk. If you are worried about your gambling or that of someone close to you, GamCare is the UK's leading authority on the provision of support, advice and counselling to people affected by gambling problems. If you or someone you know needs help or advice call their helpline 0808 8020 133 or visit GamCare.