Trace Your Family or House History - Tyne & Wear Archives Experience Days
TRACE YOUR FAMILY/HOUSE HISTORY WITH THE HELP OF AN EXPERT.
Do you, or your ancestors, come from Tyne & Wear?
Expert one to one guidance from experienced staff at Tyne & Wear Archives will help you unearth your home or family’s story. You will have access to historical documents that might include church registers, census returns, school records, photographs, drawings, plans, historic maps etc. There will also be an opportunity to see behind the scenes of a large working Archive and get hands on experience of documents not generally available to the public.
By the end of the experience you’ll know more about your home or family’s history and will have developed new research skills to enable you to find out more in the future.
Some reference copies (if found) to be included in price*.
Extra charges apply for colour and framed copies.
Dates and availability
Please contact Tyne & Wear Archives
Maximum of 2 bookings per session.
Exclusive use of Archives search room (including behind the scenes tour), dedicated member of staff, copies of documents (exclusions apply), complimentary Archives pencil and notepad.
MAKES THE IDEAL GIFT FOR:
* A memorable birthday for someone with an interest in their family tree
* An exquisite and memorable gift.
* Anyone who ever wanted to know more about their home
* A special Anniversary celebration
* A unique corporate hospitality gift
* Pure self indulgence or personal reward
"Thank you for a super day, I really enjoyed it and found it fascinating and very productive, I would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in this sort of stuff." David Kennedy
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Booking and Payment
1. All experiences/events must be pre-booked and paid for in advance of the day. The booking is not confirmed until full payment is made.
2. All experiences/events are offered by Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums (TWAM) subject to any operational constraints on the day. Final approval for the event to take place remains with TWAM at all times.
3. In the event of a booked experience/event not being available due to any circumstances, TWAM will seek to offer an alternative experience/event- of equal value at a mutually convenient time and date. If it is not possible to re-arrange, a full refund of the fee paid will be made and this will be the maximum liability of TWAM.
4. In the event of a participant cancelling a booked experience/event, a minimum of 14 days notice is required for a refund to be made, less a £15 administration charge. If less than 14 days notice is given, any refund is at the discretion of TWAM and is subject to the experience/event place being reallocated.
5. If any participant wishes to change the booked date of an experience/event a minimum of 14 days notice is required. If less than 14 days notice is given, any change to the booked date of an experience is made at the discretion of TWAM and is subject to the experience being reallocated.
6. Cancellations or change of date cannot be made within seven (7) days of the booked date.
7. Open dated Gift Certificates with the experience date to be arranged (T.B.A.) are valid for twenty four (24) months from the date of issue.
Health and Safety
8. All participants must be aged 18 or over, and must be sufficiently physically fit to undertake the day’s activities and must have sufficient mental capacity to understand and act on any instructions given by TWAM staff. Participants must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, including prescribed medicines which may impair their activity in any way. If in doubt, you must seek the advice of your Medical Practitioner.
9. Participants must also wear any additional protective clothing or equipment which is required or is provided by the museum for the duration of the experience. The museum cannot be held responsible for the storage of personal effects.
10. Participants are required to attend the preliminary safety briefing on joining the experience and to comply at all times with instructions given by TWAM staff.
11. Participants are required to sign below to confirm that they have read and understood and will comply with the above terms and conditions which will apply to the experience /booking.
Own this product? Let us know what you think.
|MPN||Does not apply|
|EAN||Does not apply|
|GTIN||Does not apply|